Sunday, December 23, 2012

Vacation: part 1


After driving to Charlotte, flying to Toronto and then catching another flight to Paris... I am here! First order of business? Test out my French skills and catch a bus to another airport to meet Daniel. Boom! Done and done and I celebrated my savy Euro mass transit skills with a $15 Starbucks coffee.... wait... $15?!?! Ugh! Fast forward 3 hours later and my hottie of a hubby comes strolling through the Arrivals terminal and we are finally reunited!  

After a long smooch in the middle of the airport (one good thing about Europe is their tolerance for PDA. We could've started to undress and I don't think anyone would've even blinked twice.) we hailed a cab to take us to my family's apartment. Well, sort of. The cabbie got us to the street but then we were kind of screwed because how were we supposed to know how to get up to the actual apartment. Neither of our phones worked and it's not like my family had a banner on their balcony directing us to their apartment (which I think would've been a nice touch, but whatevs). So I did what any female with a brain would do... I told Daniel to stay put and I walked across the street to a cafe and asked a few men if I could use their phone. Of course all of the horny French men were more than eager to help a sweet little American, and within two minutes I had called my Uncle and we were on our way to meet him at the door of his building. Thank mister for the phone... can't stay for a drink, my huuuusssssband is waiting for me. Boom! Vagina wins again!  

We dropped off our things in the apartment, ate, drank, took some Benadryl and POOF! 13 hours of sleep later, we were on our way to Versailles with our sweet little Frenchie cousins. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it’s off the palace we go! We have our train tickets, we are bundled up, we have our massive “I’m a tourist” camera… and skeeeeerrrrttt! Put on those party brakes, sugar britches… here comes the train conductor/dictator and we are getting a 60 Euro ticket. Say what?!?!  Apparently our ticket was not the ticket we needed to be on the train, and we were now breaking the law. Ummmm then why did you let us on the train?!?! Talk about a buzz kill.

I’m not exactly sure how to describe the rest without making you fall asleep, so I will just sum up the rest of our time in Paris by saying we walked a lot, drank a lot, took a ton of pictures and wrapped it up by racing to our train station at 5am so that we could catch our flight to Rome (literally racing... and this girl is built for comfort, not speed)! Next stop, ROMA! And stay tuned… because this is where the drama happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment