Wednesday, December 12, 2012

ok, so I'm banned... now what?

Well, I've taken time to digest what has happened... and I've decided that this suuuuucks. I'm a newlywed. I want to act like a newlywed. I want to talk to my husband face to face, not via Skype. I want to have dinner with the person I signed a legally binding contract with. I want to get irritated that I don't have enough room in bed. (In real life this is where I take a long dramatic pause and inhale an entire glass of wine... I suggest you walk away from your computer and do the same... Immediately, because then it's like I am drinking a bottle with girlfriends and not by myself... Apparently it's a "problem" when you binge drink alone.)

So Daniel has been back in the sandbox for over a month, I am banned, living with my mother, and I am 99% sure that this also means we are not going to get to go on our honeymoon. The honeymoon was planned to be taken during Eid (a national/Muslim holiday) and we were going to go to Thailand and lay on a beach and drink our body weight in fluid ounces and make some babies. Yea, I was 99.99% sure that wasn't going to happen at all. I will be dogged if I don't get some kind of a vacation! We need a hiatus... this year has been bullshit... and I am going to literally have a mental breakdown any second now. Get me out of here! I need to see my husband! And we only have two weeks to plan this! Ahhhh!!!!!

Panicking, panicking, panicking... breathe. Ok, so we need a vacation... but where? Well being the super cute and thoughtful couple we are, we decided to meet half way. And half way from North Carolina to Saudi Arabia is.... Paris! Holla Back Frenchies! Bonjour B*tches! Buuuuut we can't just do Paris... so we will throw some Rome in there too. Paris and Rome and wine and pizza and fun and lovin'... let's go!

(Planning included checking with my family, who lives in Paris, to make sure we can crash with them and renting a cute apartment in Rome that overlooks Saint Peters Square. Boom! So excited! Stay tuned for a vacation re-cap... it gets legit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment